Radiation crosslinked heat shrink joints perfectly reconstruct the jacket of the preinsulated pipe which results in reducing the soil frictional resistance and thus the life length of the joint. They are also highly resistant to stress corrosion. Due to high shrinking strength, ageing resistance and mechanical strength against the soil stress as a result of the thermal elongation in the pipeline, the joints assure reliability and safety of the performed joint.
Random spatial network of hydrocarbon bonds appears in the entire structure of HDPE material exposed toradiation crosslinking process. The crosslinking process restricts the quantity of unbounded molecules in the volume of the material which excludes the fusion of two elements of crosslinked polyethylene.
The foaming holes are the only areas in the heat shrink joint protected against the crosslinking during the production. The remaining part of the heat shrink joint is crosslinked. The non-crosslinked area keeps the initial features of HDPE which allows for welding the plugs.
The unique combination of non-crosslinked (possibility of welding a plug) and crosslinked materials (high shrinking strength, ideal shape imaging, higher mechanical durability) as well as special formula of sealant (hot melt and/or mastic)
puts this solution among the most innovative, user friendly and reliable joints for the preinsulated pipelines.
This solution is registered and protected by patent No. 205918
- high durability of crosslinked material assures the joints’ resistance to friction and rupture,
- application of sealant protects the joint area in hard conditions,
- no need of spacers during the installation (no wedges needed),
- minimum quantity of the joint’s elements shortens the time of installation which effects in high efficiency of the joint and lowers the costs of it,
- the joints aren’t prone to aggressive chemical factors and UV radiation,
- homogeneous layer of the sealant (hot melt and/or mastic) is resistant to soiling and does not peel off when sliding the joint along the preinsulated pipe,
- each joint is wrapped with a white PVC sleeve.