The laboratory at the RADPOL SA Plant in Człuchów has existed since the start of production of heat-shrink pipes in the year 1983.
Throughout the entirety of its activity it has specialized in the research of radiation cross-linked polyolefin products and the materials used for their manufacturing.
The laboratory is equipped with state of the art measuring and research aperture which makes it possible to develop formulas of new varieties of polymer materials with specific properties, as well as modify existing formulas.
Thanks to a Brabender compounding line, the laboratory is able to prepare batches of synthetic materials in the form of an aggregate based on in-house developed formulas or formulas provided by the customer.
Our laboratory offers the possibility of carrying out research of new materials, combined with the possibility of cross-linking susceptibility studies using a beam of electrons with various energy outputs, as well as enrichment of those materials through research on additives to base materials.
We provide a well equipped laboratory infrastructure, along with participation in projects by qualified engineers with long-term experience in research and market implementation of radiation cross-linked materials, which are used in the industry.
The scope of the Laboratory’s research involves the study of synthetic materials, study of the product following every stage of the production process and study of the finished product (so called full study).).
Synthetic material tests
- MFI Melt Flow Index, alloy expansion index
- execution of plastic plates, cutting out shapes for studies
- checking the tensile strength and elongation at break, in case of static elongation – INSTRON strength testing machine
- plastic material moisture measurement
- Shore’s hardness scale A and D
- Studies using a DSC – Differential Scanning Calorimeter of: the softening temperature, plastic material degradation commencement temperature
- Studies using a DSC – Differential Scanning Calorimeter of: the OIT – Oxidation Induction Time (plastic material stabilization)
- testing of dimensions: micrometers, calipers, measuring rollers by MITUTOYO, measuring microscope, measuring cones
- testing the behavior of products in various temperatures – shrinking, heat shock, loss of mass, shrinking of tubes with limiting – temperature range up to +300oC
- testing the resistance to aging in heightened temperatures (so called heat aging) – MEMMERT and Binder heat chambers
- testing of resistance to contact with copper
- testing resistance to chemicals, liquids in a temperature range from +15oC to +220oC
- testing the tensile strength and elongation at break, in the case of static elongation – using an INSTRON strength testing machine
- testing of water absorption
- testing the cross-linking degree of products (so called gel fraction)
- testing permanent elongation under load (so called HOT-SET Test)
- testing the softening temperature of hot-melt glue using the Ring and Ball “R+B” method
- testing the hot-melt glue viscosity using a Brookfield viscometer
- determining resistance to band tearing – rollers and INSTRON strength testing machine
- testing flame resistance of heat-shrink tubes and ducts
- electrical resistance testing of heat-shrink tubes
- determining volatile fraction content
- DSC testing: OIT – Oxidation Induction Time (product stabilization)
- low temperature resistance testing
- HANATEK MFR4010 plastometer
- AG204 analytical scale 10mg-210g. D-0,1mg by Mettler Toledo with a density measuring add-on
- PB 3002 scale, range of 0,5g -3100g. D-0,01g by Metler Toledo 2
- Laboratory press with heated plates for execution of plastic moldings
- CEAST pneumatic press for cutting out “paddle” shaped samples – 2 types: ISO 527-2 Type 5A and ISO 527-3 Type 5
- INSTRON 3345 strength testing machine with video extensometer, 5kN
- WPS 30S RADWAG scale dryer
- NETZSCH Maia DSC 200 F3 Differential scaling calorimeter
- HOT-SET HERAEUS UT 6050HS heat chamber for tests, max temp. 250oC
- MEMMERT ULE 500 heat chamber; max temp. 220oC
- MEMMERT ULE 600 heat chamber; max temp. 220oC
- Binder FP 115 heat chamber: max temp. 300oC
- BINDER ED 53 heat chamber; max temp. 300oC
- Incubator with a temperature range of +5 to 85oC
- Low temperature chamber 0 to -40oC,
- ZWICK SHORE D and A digital hardness tester
- TESA VISIO 200 optical microscope, magnification from 20 to 140 times
- BROOKFIELD HB DV-II+PrO viscometer
- Kottermann fume hood with a boiling xylene extraction set
- GPT 3/80 electrical resistance testing station with a range up to 80kV
- Micrometers, calipers, MITUTOYO comparator gauges
- set of MITUTOYO measuring rollers with a range of 1,0÷10,0 every 0,1mm
- measuring cones, measuring tapes for checking tube diameters