RADPOL S.A.specialises in the manufacture of Polyethylene products on basis of unique material recipes and formulae adapted for crosslinked radiation technology.
Our competitive advantage is based on technology unavailable to others –we are the only company in Poland and one of few in Europe that operates two electron accelerators of 2.5 MeV. and 4.5 MeV capacity on a large scale for the purposes of Polyethylene crosslinked radiation.
In the polymers industry, chemical crosslinking is mainly used. Radiation crosslinking does not require crosslinking chemicals and takes precedence over chemical methods because there are no residues of chemicals in the crosslinking material. Therefore, radiation cross-linking is more environmentally friendly.
This method relates to screening of plastic using a beam of electrons accelerated in vacuum using energy corresponding to several million electronovolts. The result is the combining of two adjacent polymer chains at places where hydrogen atoms split off occurred.
Manufactured material features with unique properties:
- At a temperature over 120°C material shape is maintained (”shape memory”), while it remains soft and elastic
- Maximum working temperature up to 135°C, resistance to thermal shock up to +200°C (and even up to +250°C)
- Total resistance to stress corrosion
- Improved resistance to ‘crawling’ (on cold), resistance to aggressive chemicals
- Almost totally non-soluble in solvents (swelling potential)
- High mechanical resistance
- High resistance to discharges
Radiation treatment – modification of the properties of an existing product, i.e. giving it new properties, which it was devoid of as a previous product. In RADPOL S.A. this service is performed by means of two electron accelerators.
We are carrying out research of new materials, combined with the possibility of cross-linking susceptibility studies using a beam of electrons with various energy outputs, as well as enrichment of those materials through research on additives to base materials.
We have a well equipped laboratory infrastructure, along with participation in projects by qualified engineers with long-term experience in research and market implementation of radiation cross-linked materials, which are used in the industry.